Our marketing program consists of:
- A photo listing is displayed on our very popular website.
- Photo listing is posted on our Facebook page for friends to receive notification of new listings
- A “For Rent” sign is displayed at the property which helps interested parties locate the property as well as providing curbside advertising.
- Photo listings are posted in our Hamilton office for visitors to view the properties that are available.
- A photo listing is posted on Craig’s List and several other property rental websites.
Cardinal Properties uses the latest property management software providing owners with comprehensive financial information about their real estate investment. Owners are provided monthly ledger statements with receipts for expenses. We also provide a six and a twelve month operating statement giving owners a one page overview of a properties income and expenses to easily analyze investments.
Our evaluation process includes comparing similar properties to establish a competitive rental rate. We assess each property and offer recommendations for improvements to maximize property value. Owners are informed of needed repairs to protect their investment.
A rental application is required and processed by:
- Contacting References
- Reviewing a credit report
- Verifying employment/income
- Checking the sexual and violent offender registries
- Checking the Montana Department of Corrections
After selecting the best qualified applicant, Cardinal Properties Inc will prepare all documentation to ensure stringent legal compliance. Applicants will meet with one of our licensed property managers to review and sign all documents and assure that power is changed over to new resident.
Cardinal Properties will complete a move-in inventory to be signed by tenants ensuring agreement on how the property needs to be left when vacating. Required accounting and disbursement of security deposits are handled by Cardinal Properties to comply with state law.
Cardinal Properties Inc. offers a tenant placement service for local property owners. This service provides rental property advertising, tenant selection, document preparation and processing as well as collection of the deposit and initial rent payment. After tenant placement is completed, the property owner assumes responsibility for monthly property management.
With a tenant placement service, property owners may also utilize Cardinal Properties Inc.’s move-out inspection service. Cardinal Properties Inc. will inspect the property when the tenant vacates and notify the tenant if anything needs to be done to return the property to acceptable condition. If tenant chooses to do follow-up cleaning, Cardinal Properties Inc. will re-inspect the property. If tenants do not comply, Cardinal Properties Inc. will handle cleaning arrangements. Cardinal Properties Inc. will then reconcile the tenant’s security deposit within the legal time period required by Montana law.